STRESSED TO KILL
Stress is the next health epidemic. Stress leave costs businesses over 50 billion dollars a year.
With mental illness on the rise, everywhere you turn people are ready to blow their top! In “Stressed to Kill” Sylvia! takes an in-depth look at the effects of stress, shares her powerful tools to reduce stress (the legal and moral ones only….) as well as personal strategies for becoming the “boss “of your stress.
Discover better health and a dramatically improved quality of life! And if that’s not enticing enough, how about learning the secret to slowing the aging process? Sylvia! will share that too!
- The powerful biochemical impact stress has, as well as its strong and indisputable link to illness.
- How to identify all the components of stress – physical, cognitive, emotional and environmental – and avoid or modify many of these.
- The mind-body connection to stress and how you can stop it in its tracks with these techniques.
RESPECTFULLY, UP YOURS: HOW TO PLAY NICE AT WORK
What makes a good workplace great? A culture of respect and cooperation. This interactive and collaborative seminar will assist people in becoming more effective individual agents of change and more respectful as a team. We will explore practical and concrete ways of bringing these ideas to life to generate a workplace of happy, engaged and supportive team players.
• What constitutes respectful or disrespectful behavior?
• The effect of disrespect in the workplace on SAFETY and HEALTH.
• What’s in it for you to change the way YOU do things?
• Guidelines for a respectful and psychologically safe workplace.
• Practical tools and strategies for becoming a more respectful workplace.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
One of the hallmarks of a successful team or business; engagement at work can be a significant determinant of a healthy bottom line. Where employee engagement is high, there is higher retention, profitability, customer service, loyalty, innovation, creativity, and well-being, both corporately and personally.
Adopt these strategies to create a team of engaged workers who want to be at work and stay at work!
- The importance of engagement and the factors that influence it.
- Strategies to increase engagement for themselves, co-workers and employees.
- How each participant can take ownership of their role in the organization and learn to love coming to work again. Make work your passion, not just your pension!
HAPPY HOUR BEGINS AT 9AM!
This presentation centers around creating a healthy life by focusing on happiness at work (Canadians report that work is their # 1 stressor!). We will deal with the influence of technology, competing demands from work and home (work-life conflict) and relationships at work. You can transform your workplace into a happy, healthy and productive place to be!
- The deadly sins committed in work places, that can squash happiness and health of employees AND the bottom line.
- The connection between the deadly sins and your health.
- Strategies for reversing the effects of these sins at work.
- Strategies for creating greater personal happiness.
Sylvia is an Occupational Therapist specializing in workplace injury prevention. She provides the following accredited services to manufacturing, business and labor industries:
SHOP PROGRAM (Safety and Health for Organizations and People)
This program is an onsite injury management and injury prevention program. The goal of the program is to help individuals with symptoms before they become syndromes, keep them happy and healthy at work, improve their quality of work and home life, prevent injury and reduce time loss. Sylvia provides these services to manufacturing, construction, healthcare, office, government and labour industries.
The Program includes:
Physical/occupational assessment and treatment.
Work Site Assessments
Ergonomic Assessments (individual or group office assessments as well as industrial ergonomics)
Return to Work Consultation
Work Site Modifications to Accommodate Injured or Symptomatic Workers
One-on-One Work with Injured Workers (to accommodate medical restrictions to facilitate return to full duties)
Injury Prevention and Body Mechanics Coaching (for individual workers or groups)
HEALTH COACHING SERVICES
Do you feel like you want to make changes to your lifestyle or health but struggle with where to begin? Or maybe you HAVE made changes but struggle to stay motivated? If so, health coaching might be exactly what you need to get started and/or to keep up your progress!
The focus of health coaching is everything and anything that matters to well-being: stress management, work life balance, reducing barriers to achieving personal health goals, increasing motivation to make lifestyle changes. Some specific interventions include ergonomic assessments, improving sleep, reducing stressers, re-framing, meditation, exercise, healthier eating, time management, getting organized, improving outlook and positivity, goal setting, smoking cessation, conflict resolution etc.
This program is designed for people who are interested in improving quality of life, vitality and overall health. The program is customized and driven by YOUR needs and goals.